Acting SECNAV Thom Modly is sure no Harry Truman

…and for shit sure, neither is Donald Trump.

Make some popcorn, this USS Roosevelt bullshit will be news for a while longer.

1 Like

I am thankful my grandfather Allan
isn’t around to see this shit.

Tail-hook was bad enough.

2 Likes

Thomas Modly is a piece of shit as is the entire hierarchy of the chain of command.

Assholes.

1 Like

The first rule of Corona-virus Club is Don’t talk about Corona-virus.

2 Likes

as the stomach turns…

Hey Spoon this Crozier started his career as a Rotary guy, not the usual track for that level of Command, usually it’s the fighter jocks that tend to rise to the top.

Coincidentally, so did Modly. He seems like an odd sort, Annapolis grad with probably some Navy funded postgraduate work, did seven years as a helo pilot and out. Always makes me wonder when someone goes to the trouble of being Regular Navy or Regular Army and doesn’t stick it out. Maybe they got passed over for O-4 or something.

But his having a Navy background makes it real strange that he’d not think it WRONG to fly halfway around the world to visit a carrier and address all the crew, without involving anyone else in the chain of command.

Yeah 7 and out, does make one wonder how many sour grapes were involved in that outburst.

1 Like

Probably true af.

3 Likes

It was pointed out that if Modly were on the ground in 'nam, he woulda been fragged by his brothers.

4 Likes

Very possible, it could be that He was not offered a renewal on his commission, which is probably why Trump was attracted to him.

BREAKING: WSJ is reporting that Modly has resigned.

Needz moar popcorn.

2 Likes

Yep. He’s out. Whoever had 24 hours on that over and under sure called it.

2 Likes

Was this Trump’s broken clock moment?

1 Like

1 Like

The Navy has reported a Sailor form the USS Roosevelt has died from the Covids

He died as a gotcha to make Trump look bad. A very nasty thing to do.

1 Like

They should take his birthday away!

Seeing chatter they may give Crozier back his boat.