A witless fool's thoughts on the Vegas shooter

Same work = same pay in my county.

Here’s some more job market info.

sounds awful what gives woman the right to think she can make the same as me.

So you think if I don’t like some of the things the current feminist movements push then I have a problem with equal pay?

Well, I don’t.

You just sound a little crazzzzy about it is all… if women have it made so well and the tide is so against us men, they why aren’t they making more money than us? At the end of the day it’s all about the dinero am I right?

1 Like

I don’t think I’m a little crazy about it. I just think it’s swung too far in some respects.

Why do I care? Because I have a son. That’s why.

So an entry level welder should get as much as someone who’s welded for years with multiple other certifications?

What kind of lunacy is that?

There are different job classifications but that job gets paid that amount.

Here’s what it would look like if you were to put it into a job classifications:

Welder I - Usually an entry level position with basic job description.
Welder II - Second level position with expanded job description from Welder I.
Welding III - Third level position with expanded job description from Welder II.
Welding Lead - Senior position with expanded job description from Welder III.
Welding Supervisor - Oversees welders.

John has 10 years experience and he is hired as a Welder II. Sally has 3 years experience and she’s hired as a Welder II. They do the same job duties. They are paid the EXACT same salary.

Mark is hired. Mark only has 1 year experience. He is hired as a Welder I. He has fewer responsibilities than John and Sally. He makes less than John and Sally.

Georgia has 20 years experience. She is hired as a Welder I. She makes the EXACT same as Mark. She also makes less than John and Sally.

Helen is hired as the Welding Supervisor. She has no welding experience. She makes more than John, Sally and Mark.

Equal work for equal pay.

I’ve never had a job like that.

Example, Bob and Jane both start as a welder. Bob has 15 years experience and is hired at $20/hr. He has forklift and OSHA certifications. Jane has zero experience, no certifications and is started at $12.5 (1.50 over min wage).

Bob works for 3 years and gains $3/year in raises. He retires at $23/hour (poor Bob)

Jane works there for 20 years and ends up getting up to $28/hr.

Matthew is a new hire who has 2 years experience and was hired at $15/hr.

There is literally zero reasons that this is bad. Once again, I’ve never had, and never even seen a job like that. You’re either a welder or not. You’re either a supervisor or not. You’re either a CNc operator or you’re not. You’re qualifications is your pay because just cause it says “Welder Bob” OR “Welder Jane”, you can expect Bob to produce a much better, faster made product.

Whoa, you guys are talking about the same thing, only the semantics vary slightly in that in Starlings scenario the “Pay Levels” are codified as being 1,2,3 etc and in Baromcots case they just have these pay levels x,y and yer z, except they don’t call it nothing fancy pants college talk like that there. .

QFT

Not true. Doctors, attorneys, etc.