84.96 or Jody Tears Jeff a New One. lol

Yup, it was a United Technologies plant, 700 additional jobs Tricky Trumpy let go down the drain.

You shouldn’t smoke the crack immediately prior to posting, it’s your boy Trumpy that is advocating the introduction of tariffs. Which I do believe run counter to the WTO agreements we are signatories too.

This was a simple case of political theater, nothing more.

Obama creates 16 million Jobs = total failure, Trump way overpays to save maybe 800 Jobs, he’s the 2nd coming of Adam Smith.

Jobs funded by Government dollars like that Carrier Plant in Indiana, right?

Employment, Hours, and Earnings from the Current Employment Statistics survey (National)

Series Id: CES0000000001
Seasonally Adjusted
Series Title: All employees, thousands, total nonfarm, seasonally adjusted
Super Sector: Total nonfarm
Industry: Total nonfarm
NAICS Code: -
Data Type: ALL EMPLOYEES, THOUSANDS
http://data.bls.gov/generated_files/graphics/latest_numbers_CES0000000001_2006_2016_all_period_M11_data.gif

That data coincides with the Dow as well

A:
When President Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, the Dow Jones Industrial Average slumped to 7,949.09, the lowest inaugural performance for the Dow since its creation. The S&P 500 and the Nasdaq took similar hits, dropping 5.3 and 5.8 percent, respectively, and fourth quarter earnings reports were on track to drop more than 20 percent over the previous year’s figures. Bank stocks in particular were hit quite hard, with the sector in general declining by 30 percent. Bank of America Corp. dropped 29 percent, and Citigroup Inc. sank a comparatively gentle 20 percent.

I believe the Dow is now hovering just over 19000

1 Like

As I said, Jeff doesn’t need facts, just feels.

Dude.

Crack pipe.

Down.

Step away.

Although, I don’t know how he’s mitigating income tax loss when the state is losing 7 million in taxes the company would have paid. That’s a huge net loss. Undoubtedly, the state will make up that loss through some sort of system of taxing the state’s residents – sales tax, income tax, increased DMV fees, whatever.

He’s mitigating income tax loss by retaining jobs. The income tax revenue from retaining said jobs (Jeff said $658,000 a year but I haven’t checked the math) would eventually pay off a one time grant of $7mil. It would take about 11 years and who knows what would happen in that time period.

Now if all the jobs left, the government would be down the entire tax revenue from all those jobs but save $7 million.

Regardless, this is a government revenue reducing plan.

(I hope this is making sense. I’m bombed tired.)

Actually, there is NOT a net gain in this Carrier deal as Carrier is removing jobs from the country thus removing income tax revenue. The only thing Trump has done is mitigated loss.

1 Like

Yup, if they stay 11 years, and don’t demand more concessions in the meantime. How would they save 7 million if all the jobs left, though? If the company packs up and moves offshore, they won’t be paying any taxes then, either.

1 Like

The way I know business - if it doesn’t pay for itself in 6 months it’s a no go. 11 years, when as you say, who knows what will happen - that’s just bad deal making.

There is no guarantee of that. Clearly this was nothing but some theater to rally the weak of mind.

If all the jobs left, the government wouldn’t give Carrier another $7 million on top of it.

You (vous) have to remember that these people are currently employed and paying income tax. So today is where the bar is set.

From today, you are deducting the income from the job loss and the $7million dollars from the government because there is absolutely ZERO gain.

If all the jobs left, $7 million would be saved because you aren’t creating jobs but merely keeping what you have.

1 Like

The government is giving Carrier a tax break, not giving them 7 million dollars. They aren’t saving any money by having the company leave. They still don’t collect that tax money. In fact, if the company leaves, they might lose some tax revenue, because maybe Carrier would still pay a little something after the tax break. And they would lose money from the employees’ state income taxes as well.

1 Like

Posting it twice doesn’t make it logical.

Here’s the math…(income tax revenue numbers are invented)

Let’s say Carrier employees pay $4 million in income taxes today.

Carrier is going to ship jobs out taking $3 million dollars in income tax revenue with it.

The government is giving Carrier $7 million dollars.

Carrier is going to keep jobs leaving $1 million dollars of tax revenue in the country.

Going forward, the government is losing $3 million dollars in income tax revenue annually.

So in this deal, the government is losing $7million dollars as part of the bailout and losing $3million dollars annually from what it has today.

If all the jobs leave, the government is losing $4 million dollars annually instead of $3 million dollars and saving paying Carrier $7 million dollars.

2 Likes